• register your private company for VAT at SARS

    How do I register my business for VAT

    When do you need to register for VAT at SARS? If your company had a turnover of more than R1m for any consecutive 12 month period, it is mandotary to register for VAT at SARS. Can you do a voluntary VAT registration at SARS? Yes, there are circumstances where a company can register for VAT on a voluntary basis. Contact us to see whether you can register your private company. What to do after a VAT registration? SARS will notify the taxpayer in which category the VAT periods fall. The company then has to submit a VAT201 return to SARS every 2 months. The company also has to pay any…